11th Annual Membership Fishing Rodeo
Friday & Saturday, July 20-21, 2012
Sand Dollar Marina, Grand Isle, LA
2012 Fishing Rodeo Winners
|1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place|
|Speckled Trout||Leslie Ber||Dr. Doug Ber||Austin Ber|
|Trout Stringer||Dr. Robert Ory|
|Red Fish||Leslie Ber||Dr. Doug Ber||Leslie Ber|
|Red Fish Stringer||Leslie Ber|
|Mangrove Snapper||Dr. Andre' Bruni||Dr. Paul Gastinel||Ryan Eades|
|Greater Baton Rouge||Greater Baton Rouge||Greater Baton Rouge|
|Kids (12 & under)||Alex Elliott||Alex Elliott|
|Greater Baton Rouge||Greater Baton Rouge||~|
|Speckled Trout||Speckled Trout|
|Bluewater||Todd Zirkle||Dr. Johnathan Bowling|
|Dolphin, Yellowfin||Greater Baton Rouge||Greater Baton Rouge||~|
|Tuna, Tuna & Grouper||42.06#||33.86#|
|Yellowfin Tuna||Yellowfin Tuna|
Two-day fishing entry fee includes admission to the
Welcome Reception on Friday and Fish Fry on Saturday!
$45 - Adults
$25 - Children 12 & under
$25 - Dental Students
Saturday Night Fish Fry ONLY: (no fishing)
$25 - All
Add $25 per person late fee after July 1, 2012. No exceptions.
Your generosity in participating in the Rodeo benefiting the LDA Foundation makes a meaningful difference in our ability to support
dental education, research, patient care and community outreach.
Sponsors (as of 3/22/12)
Events Partner Robert Ellis & Associates
Louisiana Dental Services, Inc. (LDS)
Henry Schein Dental
Campus Federal Credit Union
Sand Dollar Marina
NOTE: There is a $15 non-refundable credit card convenience fee for paying with a credit card. You can register online and select the check option and mail in a check to avoid the fee.
No refunds after pre-registration deadline of July 1, 2012. Orders for hats and t-shirts after July 1, 2012, subject to availability.
For lodging information, visit www.grand-isle.com
2012 LDA Fishing Rodeo – Official Rules
PLEASE NOTE: Dates for the Annual LDA Fishing Rodeo are Fri., July 20 and Sat., July 21, 2012. The Official Weigh Master must check all fish, before 5 p.m. on July 21. Scales are open on Fri. and Sat. from 1 to 5 p.m.
1. All fish and anglers must be in accordance with state and federal regulations, along with LDA fishing rodeo rules and regulations.
2. No: Billfish (Marlin, Sailfish, Spearfish), Swordfish, Sharks, Bull Redfish (over 27”), Black Drum of any size, Jack Crevalle, or Barracuda will be allowed in any category.
3. Children’s division is for anglers 12 years old and under.
4. Weigh master and/or board members have the right to open and inspect any fish entered in the rodeo.
5. You are entering the LDA Fishing Rodeo at your own risk. Sand Dollar Marina, Nelson Daly, the LDA Board of Directors, the weigh masters, the sponsors, rodeo officials, and rodeo volunteers will not be held liable for any damages or injury suffered at this event.
6. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated.
7. In the event of a categorical tie, the fish that is first entered wins.
8. All rodeo entry fees and sponsorships are non-refundable.
9. There is no spear fishing category this year. All fish must be caught with rod and reel.
10. All fishing locations must be accessible to the public at all times according to state and federal regulations, no private fishing grounds.
11. Any attempt to circumvent the rules of the LDA Fishing Rodeo will be punished by disqualification of fish and/or the angler.
12. The Board of Directors’ decision will be final.
13. The weigh master’s decision is final.
14. All money transactions are final.
15. No swapping of fish between competitors or team members is allowed.
16. Gaffing is allowed, but any mutilation of fish deemed unnecessary by the weigh master/board of directors will result in disqualification of the fish.
17. The speckled trout, Red Fish (under 27 inches), Mangrove Snapper, Blue Water (Dolfin, Yellowfin, Tuna or Grouper), Cobia and under 12 categories will be awarded prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. The Trout string and Red Fish string will each awarded one prize for 1st. The component with the most points will be given the title of Best Fishermen in the State, and a plaque which will remain in the LDA office will reflect their status.
18. One fish from the Trout string and/or the Red Fish string entries may be entered in the appropriate largest Trout/Red Fish category.
19. Point system: first=3 points, second=2 points, third=1 point.
20. Your boat or vehicle must be in the perimeter/property of the Sand Dollar Marina with the fish/fishes to be entered and the angler must report to the weigh master before official closing of scales at 5 p.m. Saturday, July 21 to enter a fish. NO EXCEPTIONS.
21. Weigh ins will be from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, July 20, and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, July 21.
22. At 5 p.m. Saturday, the LDA Fishing Rodeo will be closed for that year. Scales will stay open until all fish brought in before 5 p.m. are weighed in. Awards ceremony will follow the final weigh in.