Hosted by the Acadiana Louisiana Dental Association and
the Louisiana Dental Association (LDA)
Credit: 4 clinical C.E. hours, lecture
|Category||Early Fee||Fee After|
*LATE REGISTRATION: July 19, 2019
Premier Events Partners
|Sustaining Events Partner|
|Premier Events Partners
|Sustaining Events Partners|
Dr. Bob Barsley, J.D. - "Update on Dental Forensics-2019"
Course Description: This 4 hour presentation will cover forensic dental topics including the identification of individuals through the use of dental biometrics. The importance of excellence in clinical record keeping and examination will be emphasized. The role played by the entire dental team when called on for mass fatality incidents (natural disasters, accidents, terrorism, etc.) will also be covered. The ever increasing role of dental biometrics in estimating the age of individuals at death and of leaving individuals will be discussed. In addition a section on the role that the dental team plays in detecting, documenting, and reporting human abuse will be incorporated. The controversy surrounding the use of bitemark evidence will be presented.
Course Objectives - At the conclusion of this course, an attendee:
- Should be able to appreciate the role that proper dental record keeping plays in forensic dentistry.
- Will understand the role the forensic dentist undertakes with law enforcement personnel.
- Will be able to perform the steps involved in an uncomplicated dental identification by teeth case.
- Will be able to recognize signs of abuse commonly seen by dental practices (child and adult cases).
- Will know how to document and report child abuse cases seen in the practice setting.
- Will appreciate the instances in which dental age assessments are made in living and deceased individuals.
- Will understand the role of the forensic dentist in disaster victim identification scenarios.
- Will have beginning understanding of the controversy and complexity of bitemark and pattern injuries.
Petroleum Club, Lafayette
111 Heymann Blvd, Lafayette, LA 70503
Room block being held at Home2Suites
1909 Kaliste Saloom Rd., Lafayette, LA 70508
Hotel Phone: (337) 706-8610
Room block cut off date: July 18, 2019
Rate: $115 for a Single or Double Room (8.45% room tax will be charged)
Block is under: Louisiana Dental Association