2022 Event Information Coming Soon!
Meeting Location: LDA Office, 5637 Bankers Ave.,
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Accommodations: Marriott Baton Rouge Hotel
Registration is now closed.
|Premier Events Partners
Louisiana Dental Services (LDS)
The L.H. Bowden Leadership Development Conference trains LDA leaders to work effectively within the association. Registration is free, and attendance is COMPULSORY for component officers as well as for LDA officers, directors, and committee chairs. The LDA is offering mileage reimbursement to all compulsory attendees, and hotel reimbursement (one night) for those traveling from 100 miles away or more.
7:30 a.m. - Sign-in/Breakfast
8:15 a.m. - Introduction and Welcome
8:25 a.m. - LDS Update
8:35 a.m. - Course Begins
9:45 a.m. - Course Ends/Break
10:00 a.m. - Key LDA Issues
10:15 a.m. - Workshop Begins
Noon - Lunch (provided) and Speaker
Address: 5500 Hilton Avenue, Baton Rouge, LA, 70808
Marriott Baton Rouge is offering Bowden registrants accommodations at the standard rate of $129 per night (current tax rate is 16%). Reservations may be made by calling the hotel directly, 1 (800) 228-9290. Use code Louisiana Dental Association when making reservations. Reservations must be made by December 28, 2020 to utilize the group discount.
10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
Join ADA staff to learn more about key topics and issues affecting the profession. The session will focus on legislative updates, membership initiatives, dental trends and economic data. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions.
- · Mike Graham, Senior Vice President, Government and Public Affairs
- Mike and his team are responsible for gathering and analyzing information on state and federal government initiatives that affect dentistry, advocating the ADA's positions on legislative and regulatory matters and coordinating the ADA Grassroots Action Teams and ADPAC. Government Affairs fought and advocated for dentists during COVID, helping pass SBA loans, lobbying for FEMA-provided PPE, advocating for CARES Act provider relief funding to be released to dentists, and more.
- · Marko Vujicic, Chief Economist & Vice President, Health Policy Institute
- Marko leads Health Policy Institute (HPI) research that creates critical policy knowledge and thought leadership to inform ADA’s strategic decision making. HPI is responsible for generating, synthesizing, and disseminating innovative research on a variety of topics that are relevant to policy makers, health care advocates, and providers within the U.S. dental care system. Throughout COVID, HPI has provided data and expert-led virtual panels on dentists returning to work, patient volume and attitudes, staffing levels, economic impacts, as well as other pertinent topics.
- · Nicole Mangiaracina, Manager, Dental Society Outreach
- Nicole works within Client Services at the ADA, a department under the Membership umbrella. Her team collaborates with state and local dental societies to provide a mix of capacity building services and solutions to positively impact member growth and support overall society success.
|Speaker & Course Description|
Friday, January 15, 2021 (8:35 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.)
Infectious Diseases Physician at the Baton Rouge Clinic, Dr. Saavedra will share a Covid-19 Update
An update on Covid-19 and how it relates to dentistry along with the influence of other infections on dentistry.
You will learn:
- the effects of the virus
-an update on how the virus has impacted us in the medical field