To earn C.E. credit for online courses given by the LDA, follow the steps below:
- Read the description and objectives below and if you want to register, click on the "Register Now" button. If you don’t have a username and password, please follow the directions listed below the login.
- Choose LDA Member ($75) or Non-Member ($100) once signed in. Pay fee.
- You have one month from registration date to read the PowerPoint presentation and take the assessment. Once you submit your assessment, your C.E. credit sheet will be emailed to you within five business days. If you do not get 80% or higher on the assessment, you will have to retake the course.
Online Opioid C.E.
3-Hour Louisiana State Mandated Opioid Management Course
Course Description: Widespread concerns related to the current opioid abuse problem in the general population has prompted various strategies to address this crisis. In Louisiana, licensed providers with a DEA registration are required to take an approved 3-hour opioid course. This 3-hour course provides the required information to enable the licensed provider to prescribe controlled substances consistent with current recommendations and standards.
Course Objectives - Participants in this course will understand and be familiar with the following after taking this online course:
- Federal requirements for prescribing controlled substances.
- Pain management.
- Appropriate prescribing.
- Managing acute pain.
- Palliative medicine.
- Prevention, screening, and signs of addiction.
- Responses to abuse and addiction.
- End of life care.
- Prescription Monitoring Program in Louisiana.
Credit: 3 C.E. credits, clinical
$100 for non-members