As you look into the future of your practice, you can rest assured that the LDA-endorsed insurance company is there to help protect you, your family and your practice. Brown & Brown offers competitive prices on top quality benefits, and their insurance portfolio includes:
Long Term Disability
Long Term Care
Business Overhead Expense
Personal Excess "Umbrella"
Employment Practices Liability
Business Office Package
LDA members attain financial security through LDA-sponsored insurance, including major medical, disability income, term life, business overhead expense, general liability, malpractice, in-hospital income, short-term disability and long-term insurance plans. All coverage options are specifically designed to meet the needs of dentists at competitive rates for both members and staff through the LDA-sponsored carriers.
One of the many important benefits afforded to you as a member of the Louisiana Dental Association is your direct access to the Association Services Professionals specialists at Brown and Brown of Louisiana, LLC. As the endorsed insurance representatives of the LDA, Brown and Brown is dedicated to working with you throughout your practice lifetime in securing top quality, competitively priced products to meet all your personal and professional insurance needs. Through Brown and Brown, both you and your staff are eligible for a broad portfolio of coverage including:
INDIVIDUAL & GROUP COMPREHENSIVE MEDICAL
With the ever-changing climate of health care, save time and money by allowing Brown and Brown to shop the commercial marketplace during open enrollment or at your current plan’s renewal.
LONG TERM DISABILITY BENEFITS AVAILABLE UP TO $10,000 PER MONTH
- The Association’s program offers an “own occ” definition of disability costing 2 or 3 times less than other non-endorsed carriers; partial disability and rehabilitation benefits included
- 30, 60, 90 or 180 day waiting period options
BUSINESS OVERHEAD EXPENSE
- Benefits available up to $10,000 per month
- 30 day waiting period; 24 month maximum benefit period
LONG TERM CARE
- Provides important long term asset protection for the future
- Select from 10 and 20 year term life benefits - both convertible to individual policies at termination
- Accelerated Benefits Rider included for terminal illness
PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY INSURANCE- CLAIMS MADE OR OCCURRENCE
- Underwriting specialization by the Fortress Insurance Company – Dentists only plan
- Aggressive claims defense; no settlement without YOUR consent
Workers Compensation insurance protects your group from the potentially devastating financial responsibilities of covering an employee’s medical expenses if he/she is hurt while on the job. In addition, Louisiana State Law requires you to provide Workers Compensation insurance if you employ one or more employees.
BUSINESS OFFICE PACKAGE
In today’s market, the availability and cost of protecting your office building and contents is as distinctive as your practice. The specialists at Brown and Brown of Louisiana, LLC are some of the most knowledgeable property and casualty agents in the Gulf South.
Available to participants in the LDA-endorsed professional liability insurance program through Fortress, this group personal excess (“umbrella”) coverage provides you and your qualified family members with liability limits in excess of your primary auto, homeowners or renters, recreational vehicle, motorcycle and watercraft insurance. Highlights include:
- Limits up to $25,000,000
- Competitive Rates ($1,000,000 only $250 per year - $2,000,000 only $325 per year!)
- Identity Fraud Expense up to $25,000 and Complimentary Theft Resolution Services
- Includes Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
With cyber criminals targeting dental offices more and more frequently, experts say it isn’t if you will get hacked; but, when will you get hacked. A breach can be devastating to your practice and a huge financial drain. The cyber liability policy highlights are:
- $400 per dentist annual premium
- First and third party benefits
- Limits up to $1,000,000
PERSONAL HOMEOWNERS AND PERSONAL AUTOMOBILE COVERAGE
Brown and Brown has now expanded the products available to you to include personal auto and homeowners insurance. These additional lines of coverage allow you the opportunity to consolidate your personal and professional insurance with one agency.
For additional information on the LDA- endorsed insurance portfolio and the programs available to you, I encourage you to contact Jennifer or Stormy at Brown & Brown: 985-674-3880 (Northshore) or 1-888-503-5547 Toll Free.