- Doors Open at ?
- No eligibility or income requirements. No paperwork required in advance.
- No appointments – first come, first served.
- Services include: dental cleanings, exams, x-rays, fillings, extractions, anterior root canals, a limited number of partial dentures, and children's dental care.
- You must pass a simple medical screening before receiving dental care. We ask that you take all medications as prescribed and bring your medications with you.
- Open to children and adults.
- Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian until all treatment is complete.
- Once you enter the building, you will not be able to leave the line to go outside (for instance, you will not be able to leave for a smoke break) or you will have to go to the end of the line.
Please note that this effort by the LDA Foundation is not a guarantee that all patients will be able to receive all types of dental care due to time limitations, the nature of the facilities and the specific needs of individual patients. Accordingly, in the exercise of professional judgment by our volunteer health care providers, the LDA Foundation must reserve the right to decline or defer certain treatments to certain patients.
Patients’ Frequently Asked Questions:
Is there anything that would disqualify me from treatment? Each patient will undergo a simple medical exam at the start of your LaMOM experience. Some things that could prevent you from being treated include: having a fever at the time of treatment, uncontrollable, abnormally high blood pressure, or excessive bleeding in the past.
How early should I arrive at LaMOM? The doors will open at ? a.m. However, people usually begin lining up much earlier. Please keep the following in mind:
- Patients will not be allowed in the building earlier than ? a.m. No exceptions.
- Collapsible chairs and blankets are allowed, but you will NOT have a chance to return them to your car and will need to carry them with you throughout the day. We will have folding chairs for patients to sit in should they come early.
- Tents are not allowed.
Do I need insurance/payment? No. This is completely FREE thanks to the generosity of our volunteers and sponsors.
If I am under 18, do I need a parent or guardian present? Yes. All children must be accompanied by a legal guardian until all treatment is complete. If a guardian needs treatment for themselves, we will try to accommodate them at the same time or you can provide an additional parent or guardian.
My entire family needs to be seen. Is that possible? Yes, however, a guardian must be with children under the age of 18 at all times.
Will there be translators? Spanish translators will be available.
Is there a limit as to how much treatment I can receive? Due to limited supplies, time and volunteers, we are limited to the amount of treatment we can provide each individual. Our first priority will be to treat your critical dental needs.
What should I bring to LaMOM? You should bring a list of your current medications, baby supplies for a full day and possibly book/magazines for while you are waiting. Bring these items with you in line; do not leave them in your car. Once you enter the building, you cannot go outside without losing your place in line.
What is the Louisiana Mission of Mercy (LaMOM)? An amazing event where dentists, dental professionals and volunteers will come together from around the state (and a few from other states) to provide approximately 1,500 area residents with much needed free dental care. The location will be transformed into a large-scale dental clinic with the purpose of treating adults and children who have been unable to visit a dental office. LaMOM is a two-day free dental clinic sponsored by the Louisiana Dental Foundation, and all services are provided free of charge.
The mission of LaMOM is to deliver quality dental care to the underserved population of Louisiana by partnering with dental team members and lay volunteers in a free temporary dental clinic setting.