July 15-16, 2016
Sand Dollar Marina, Grand Isle, LA
Two-day fishing entry fee includes an official rodeo t-shirt, dinner on Friday (hot dogs/hamburgers and “fixings”),
and Awards Seafood Fest on Saturday!
There will be lots of prizes for top winners, as well as plenty door prizes and prizes for
the Best Family Friendly Boudreaux Joke and Best Hard Luck Story of the weekend.
So, don't forget to bring your best joke!
$75 - Adults
$40 - Children 15 & under
$25 - Dental Students
Saturday Night Seafood Fest ONLY: (no fishing)
$29 per person
Add $25 per person late fee after June 30. No exceptions.
For lodging information, visit www.grand-isle.com
NOTE: This link will be directing you to the ADA website for your registration payment. Therefore, you will need to use your ADA username and password to access your information.
If you do not have your ADA information, contact the ADA at (312) 440-2500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or email email@example.com or call (225) 926-1986.
|Fishing Rodeo t-shirt included with your registration fee.|
Proceeds from the Fishing Rodeo will benefit the LDA Foundation to support the 2016 Louisiana Mission of Mercy (LaMOM), as well as dental education, research, and community outreach.
|Our fishing shirts with logos will be available for pre-order until June 27, 2016, for $55 each.
They will be this great summer orange color. The shirts will have the LDA Foundation Fishing Rodeo Logo on the front and the Campus Federal logo on one sleeve.
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU IN GRAND ISLE!
Thanks to Our Sponsors (as of 5-24-16):
Premier Events Partner
|Premier Events Partner
||Premier Events Partner|
|Sustaining Events Partner||Sustaining Events Partner|
Platinum Sponsor: Henry Schein
Gold Sponsors: Barataria Dental and VOCO America, Inc.
Drs. Nelson and Sally Daly
Sand Dollar Marina
Silk Screen Shop of Baton Rouge
LDA Foundation Fishing Rodeo – Official Rules – 2016
PLEASE NOTE: Dates for the Annual LDA Foundation Fishing Rodeo are Fri., July 15 and Sat., July 16, 2015. The Official Weigh Master must check all fish, before 5 p.m. on July 16. Scales are open on Fri. and Sat. from 1 to 5 p.m.
1. All fish and anglers must be in accordance with state and federal regulations, along with LDA Foundation Fishing Rodeo rules and regulations.
2. No Billfish (Marlin, Sailfish, Spearfish), Swordfish, Sharks, Bull Redfish (over 27”), Black Drum of any size, Jack Crevalle, Barracuda, or Amberjack will be allowed in any category.
3. Children’s division is for anglers 17 years old and under.
4. Weigh master and/or board members have the right to open and inspect any fish entered in the rodeo.
5. You are entering the LDA Foundation Fishing Rodeo at your own risk. Sand Dollar Marina, Dr. Nelson Daly, the LDA Board of Directors, the weigh masters, the sponsors, rodeo officials, and rodeo volunteers will not be held liable for any damages or injury suffered at this event.
6. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated.
7. In the event of a categorical tie, the fish that is first entered wins.
8. All rodeo entry fees and sponsorships are non-refundable.
9. There is no spear fishing category this year. All fish must be caught with rod and reel.
10. All fishing locations must be accessible to the public at all times according to state and federal regulations, no private fishing grounds.
11. Any attempt to circumvent the rules of the LDA Foundation Fishing Rodeo will result in the disqualification of fish and/or the angler.
12. The Board of Directors’ decision will be final.
13. The weigh master’s decision is final.
14. All money transactions are final.
15. No swapping of fish between competitors or team members is allowed.
16. Gaffing is allowed, but any mutilation of fish deemed unnecessary by the weigh master/board of directors will result in disqualification of the fish.
17. The speckled trout, Red Fish (under 27 inches), Mangrove Snapper, Blue Water (Dolfin, Yellowfin, Tuna or Grouper), Cobia and under 17 categories will be awarded prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. The Trout string and Red Fish string will each be awarded one prize for 1st. The component with the most points will be given the title of Best Fishermen in the State, and a plaque which will remain in the LDA office will reflect their status.
18. One fish from the Trout string and/or the Red Fish string entries may be entered in the appropriate largest Trout/Red Fish category.
19. Point system: first=3 points, second=2 points, third=1 point.
20. Your boat or vehicle must be in the perimeter/property of the Sand Dollar Marina with the fish to be entered and the angler must report to the weigh master before official closing of scales at 5 p.m., Saturday, July 16 to enter a fish. NO EXCEPTIONS.
21. Weigh ins will be from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, July 15, and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, July 16.
22. At 5 p.m., Saturday, the LDA Foundation Fishing Rodeo will be closed for that year. Scales will stay open until all fish brought in before 5 p.m. are weighed in. Awards ceremony will follow the final weigh in.
Links with this symbolare password protected for LDA members only.