July 10-11, 2015
Sand Dollar Marina, Grand Isle, LA
More info coming soon!
13th Annual Membership Fishing Rodeo
JULY 18-19, 2014
Sand Dollar Marina, Grand Isle, LA
Two-day fishing entry fee includes a t-shirt, admission to the
Welcome Reception on Friday and Fish Fry on Saturday!
$75 - Adults
$40 - Children 12 & under
$25 - Dental Students
Saturday Night Fish Fry ONLY: (no fishing)
$29 - All
Add $25 per person late fee after July 3. No exceptions.
For lodging information, visit www.grand-isle.com
Proceeds from the Fishing Rodeo will benefit the LDA Foundation to support the 2015 LaMOM service event, as well as dental education, research, and community outreach.
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU IN GRAND ISLE!
Special Thanks to our Sponsors:
(As of 6/26/14)
Bluewater: Brown & Brown of Louisiana
Cobia: Drs. Sally & Nelson Daly
Mangrove Snapper: Bayou State Crown and Bridge Lab
Red Fish: Campus Federal Credit Union
Red Fish Stringer: Neodent Implants
Speckled Trout: Sign Express
Trout Stringer: Barataria Dental (In memory of Dr. Guy Ribando)
MassMutual Financial Group of Louisiana
Sand Dollar Marina
Louisiana Dental Services, Inc. (LDS)
Silk Screen Shop
Dr. Joey Porter
Superior Bait & Tackle
Blumberg and Associates
Classic Image Uniforms
LDA Foundation Fishing Rodeo – Official Rules – 2014
PLEASE NOTE: Dates for the Annual LDA Foundation Fishing Rodeo are Fri., July 18 and Sat., July 19, 2014. The Official Weigh Master must check all fish, before 5 p.m. on July 19. Scales are open on Fri. and Sat. from 1 to 5 p.m.
1. All fish and anglers must be in accordance with state and federal regulations, along with LDA Foundation Fishing Rodeo rules and regulations.
2. No Billfish (Marlin, Sailfish, Spearfish), Swordfish, Sharks, Bull Redfish (over 27”), Black Drum of any size, Jack Crevalle, Barracuda, or Amberjack will be allowed in any category.
3. Children’s division is for anglers 12 years old and under.
4. Weigh master and/or board members have the right to open and inspect any fish entered in the rodeo.
5. You are entering the LDA Foundation Fishing Rodeo at your own risk. Sand Dollar Marina, Nelson Daly, the LDA Board of Directors, the weigh masters, the sponsors, rodeo officials, and rodeo volunteers will not be held liable for any damages or injury suffered at this event.
6. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated.
7. In the event of a categorical tie, the fish that is first entered wins.
8. All rodeo entry fees and sponsorships are non-refundable.
9. There is no spear fishing category this year. All fish must be caught with rod and reel.
10. All fishing locations must be accessible to the public at all times according to state and federal regulations, no private fishing grounds.
11. Any attempt to circumvent the rules of the LDA Foundation Fishing Rodeo will result in the disqualification of fish and/or the angler.
12. The Board of Directors’ decision will be final.
13. The weigh master’s decision is final.
14. All money transactions are final.
15. No swapping of fish between competitors or team members is allowed.
16. Gaffing is allowed, but any mutilation of fish deemed unnecessary by the weigh master/board of directors will result in disqualification of the fish.
17. The speckled trout, Red Fish (under 27 inches), Mangrove Snapper, Blue Water (Dolfin, Yellowfin, Tuna or Grouper), Cobia and under 12 categories will be awarded prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. The Trout string and Red Fish string will each be awarded one prize for 1st. The component with the most points will be given the title of Best Fishermen in the State, and a plaque which will remain in the LDA office will reflect their status.
18. One fish from the Trout string and/or the Red Fish string entries may be entered in the appropriate largest Trout/Red Fish category.
19. Point system: first=3 points, second=2 points, third=1 point.
20. Your boat or vehicle must be in the perimeter/property of the Sand Dollar Marina with the fish to be entered and the angler must report to the weigh master before official closing of scales at 5 p.m., Saturday, July 19 to enter a fish. NO EXCEPTIONS.
21. Weigh ins will be from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, July 18, and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, July 19.
22. At 5 p.m., Saturday, the LDA Foundation Fishing Rodeo will be closed for that year. Scales will stay open until all fish brought in before 5 p.m. are weighed in. Awards ceremony will follow the final weigh in.
|1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place|
|Speckled Trout||Kevin Schexnayder
||Dr. Blair Gremillion
||Dr. Eddie Ring
|Greater Baton Rouge||Greater Baton Rouge||Bayou|
|Trout Stringer||Kevin Schexnayder
|Greater Baton Rouge||~||~|
|Redfish||Dr. Richard Cangelosi
||Dr. Ann Uzee
|Greater Baton Rouge||Greater Baton Rouge
|Redfish Stringer||Leslie Ber|
|Mangrove Snapper||Ryan Perry
||Dr. John Levin
|Greater Baton Rouge||NODA||Acadiana|
|Kids (12 & under)||Josh Noel
|Greater Baton Rouge||Greater Baton Rouge||Greater Baton Rouge|
|Greater Baton Rouge|
|Bluewater||David Gautreaux||Jacob Henderson
||Dr. Ben Ber
|Dolphin, Yellowfin||Greater Baton Rouge||Greater Baton Rouge||Bayou|
|Tuna, Tuna & Grouper||Yellowfin Tuna||Blackfin Tuna||Blackfin Tuna|
Your generosity in participating in the Rodeo benefiting the LDA Foundation makes a meaningful difference in our ability to support
dental education, research, patient care and community outreach. The 2015 LaMOM planning committee is especially appreciate of the support.
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE 2015 RODEO!
Links with this symbolare password protected for LDA members only.