Why should you support the LDA Foundation through the Fishing Rodeo?
Because, We are Fishing for Funds
The LDA Foundation is the charitable arm of the Louisiana Dental Association. The mission of the Foundation is to enhance the oral health of our state by providing funding for clinical research, education, scholarships and access-to-care programs, as well as providing assistance to dental professionals who are in need.
In February 2015, the LDA Foundation, together with partners such as the LDA and LSU School of Dentistry, will be hosting La MOM (Louisiana Mission of Mercy). A large venue will be transformed into a full service dental clinic with the purpose of:
• Provide free access to dental care and prevention of dental disease while placing a high priority on patients.
• Raise public awareness of the difficulty low-income adults and children face in accessing critical dental care.
• Create dental health care advocates via the hundreds of lay volunteers participating in our event.
The LaMOM preliminary service goals include:
• Over $500,000 worth of dental care to 1,500 patients, 750 each day, to be seen on a first-come, first-served basis, at no cost to them.
• 200 volunteer dentists to provide diagnosis, treatment and education.
• Up to 1,200 volunteers such as dental team members, spouses, office staff, hygienists, chairside assistants, lab technicians, physicians, nurses, pharmacists, dental students, hygiene students, pre-dental students, dental supply reps, church groups, college service groups, community service groups (Kiwanis, Rotary, Lions Club, St. Vincent DePaul, etc.).
• Financial and in-kind donations to assist with the purchase of needed dental supplies, food for volunteers, signs, printed materials and much more.
In order to fulfill our mission and reach our service goals, the LDA Foundation will need to raise approximately $130,000. Every dollar raised goes directly toward the event, not to pay any salaries or administrative overhead! Because the Fishing Rodeo is the Foundation’s only fundraising event, new sponsorship opportunities have been created to support the addition of LaMOM. Please take a moment to review the enclosed information and consider a sponsorship level that represents your passion for community service in your profession. Most levels include your entry in the rodeo as well as signage and other promotional coverage. In addition, all sponsorships are TAX DEDUCTIBLE! The LDA Foundation’s ability to continue to provide services in the community is due to the generous support of individuals and businesses. Your assistance is greatly appreciated!
Links with this symbolare password protected for LDA members only.