Enjoy the benefits of membership today!
Pursuant to ADA and LDA Bylaws, dues must be paid as a condition of membership. Dues are due January 1, and are delinquent on April 1.
Dues payments and PAC contributions are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes to the extent that payments are not made to 501(c)(3) organizations. United States taxpayers please note: Under tax law, only that portion of an association member's dues not attributable to lobbying activities is deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. For 2017, 7.5% ($40.00) of full ADA dues and 17.4% ($72.56) of full LDA dues is allocable to lobbying activities, and therefore nondeductible as a business expense.
Corporate donations will not be used by ADPAC for campaign contributions but will be used exclusively to pay for the administrative and operating expenses for ADPAC or related political activity. (There is no such distinction in state law affecting how LADPAC uses contributions.) So, while any PAC contribution is obviously quite welcome, it is generally preferable for your PAC contribution to be made by personal check or credit card rather than on an account for your incorporated practice. State law requires LADPAC to report the name and mailing address of each individual who contributes. Federal law requires ADPAC to report the name, mailing address, occupation and employer for each individual whose contributions aggregate in excess of $200 in a calendar year.
(ADPAC) = American Dental Political Action Committee
(LADPAC) = Louisiana Dental Political Action Committee
FOLLOW THIS LINK TO PAY YOUR DUES ONLINE NOW *
Voluntary contributions on the dues notice includes yearly membership in the Louisiana Dental Political Action Committee (LADPAC) and a contribution to the LDA Foundation for the Louisiana Mission of Mercy (LaMOM) and other charitable access-to-care programs and research.
NOTE: The payment link will be directing you to the ADA website for tripartite dues payment. Therefore, you will need to use your ADA username and password to access your information. If you do not have your ADA information, contact the ADA Member Service Center at 1.800.621.8099 (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CST Monday through Friday) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
* There is a 2.25% credit card surcharge on the total purchase amount for each credit card transaction.
Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments, better known as automatic withdrawals for dues, from checking and savings accounts will continue to be accepted by the LDA via the ACH Network without a convenience fee. The LDA will also continue to accept check payments via mail or in person without a convenience fee.
LDA AUTOMATIC BANK DRAFT PAYMENT PROGRAM
In response to member requests, we are pleased to offer the LDA Automatic Bank Draft Payment Program. This is an easy way to pay your ADA, LDA and local component membership dues!
• For year 2017 dues, there is a six-month payment plan.
• Your payments are paid automatically from your checking or savings account.
• You save the time spent writing and mailing checks plus the costs of stamps, checks and envelopes.
• Your dues installment is paid on time each month. You never have to worry about forgetting a payment or mailing it on time.
• You make better use of your money by spreading your payments over six months.
• There is no service fee.
• To sign up for LDA’s Automatic Bank Draft Plan, contact Sharon Elliott at (800) 388-6642, (225) 926-1986, or email@example.com.
• Important! You will be asked to submit a voided check.
• You will receive a final invoice the first of November. The final invoice will include any dues changes made by the ADA or your local component. Also, the final invoice will give you the opportunity to make a voluntary contribution to the Louisiana Dental Political Action Committee (LADPAC) and the American Dental Political Action Committee (ADPAC).
If you do not know your dues amount, contact LDA Director of Membership Sharon Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org , (225) 926-1986 or (800) 388-6642.
Checks should be made payable to the
Louisiana Dental Association (LDA) and mailed to:
P.O. Box 261173
Baton Rouge, LA 70826-1173
Links with this symbolare password protected for LDA members only.