LDA Foundation Grants for Dentists for Disaster Relief

LDA Foundation grant applications can be found at

The ADA offers support which may be helpful to dentists who may be affected by the approaching storm. This includes disaster preparation and recovery information for dental practices, through ADA’s Center for Professional Success. More information is at this link: ADA and ADAF Disaster Support

LDS Endorsed Company Resources and Offerings for Members
  • PracticeMojo is offering free access for two months: call (800) 556-2580 or visit
  • Campus Federal offers Disaster Relief Loans specifically for members who have been adversely affected by a natural disaster:
  • Brown & Brown Association Services Professionals, can be contacted by emailing Stormy Blair at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or calling 985-674-3886 or 1-888-503-5547.
  • Best Card is offering free online credit card processing systems for members impacted by the storm. This will allow you to run credit card payments on any computer or smart device without physical equipment. If you are not already with Best Card, they will offer you the same online system – waiving gateway fees for three months and on our low pricing we offer all LDA members. Additionally, we will waive any early termination fees.
  •, powered by Henry Schein is offering $30 off orders of $99 or more with code LA30-OFF. Take advantage of this offer as dental supplies may have been lost in the storm. 
  • The ADA Visa credit card program, U.S. Bank, is able to allow impacted members to put their credit card payments on hold. Affected members should call the special dental toll-free service line at 866.951.3869.

Recommended Checklist for Doctors

  • Stay informed on the evolving event, and share that information with personnel/staff/employees to ensure enough time to take appropriate action.
  • Maintain an updated contact list of all personnel/staff/employees, including home phone numbers, cell phones and other emergency contact numbers. Encourage staff to share their personal evacuation plans and their availability for post-event emergency efforts.
  • Make decisions early about closing the office, or availability in services provided by your practice to your patients.
  • Communicate major changes in your office operations with patients; be prepared to answer questions about rescheduling options, alternative treatment facilities and what they can do to maintain care.
  • Charge cell phones and laptops prior to event.
  • Bring office server and back up files with you in the event of an evacuation; Files may not be easily accessed on another server with different software.
  • In the event of an evacuation, take important office business documents, such as insurance policies, payroll information, lease agreements, etc., with you when you leave.

Miscellaneous Resources, Phone Numbers, and Websites

Federal Disaster Assistance: The first step you should take is apply for federal financial aid by registering with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) at or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). Disaster assistance applicants, who have a speech disability or hearing loss and use TTY, should call 1-800-462-7585 directly; for those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 1-800-621-3362. The toll-free telephone numbers will operate from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. (local time) seven days a week until further notice.

American Red Cross Flood Information for Louisiana: or call 1-866-GET INFO (438-4636); Baton Rouge ARC - 225-291-4533; New Orleans ARC - 504-620-3105; Shreveport ARC - 318-865-9545; Monroe ARC - 318-323-5141; Alexandria ARC - 318-442-6621; Lafayette ARC - 337-234-7371; or Covington ARC - 504-620-3105.

Governors Office of Emergency Preparedness (Many resources, packing lists and preparation lists):  or, Soundviewmedical

Department of Insurance Resources:  

Louisiana Department of Economic Development Flood Recovery Assistance:

Disaster Nutrition Plan: (If your household is impacted by damages or lost wages due to a hurricane or other disaster (like flooding), you may qualify for DSNAP. DSNAP provides eligible low- to moderate-income households - who do not normally receive SNAP benefits - with help buying groceries due to lost income or damages following a disaster.)

Whom to Contact About Replacement of Important Documents:

Driver's License
Department of Motor Vehicles | 887-368-5463
Contact issuing financial institution
Government Issued ID
Contact the issuing authority
American Express
Insurance policies
Your insurance agent or company
1-800-discover (1-800-347-2683), TDD/TTY 1-800-347-7449
Military discharge
Department of Veterans Affairs
225-922-0500, 1-800-827-1000 or TDD/TTY 1-800-829-4833
Titles to deeds
Records department of the area in which the property is located
State Department—Passport Services
202-955-0430 (24 hours)
Stocks and bonds
Issuing company or your broker
Birth, death and marriage certificates
Bureau of Records in the appropriate state
Your attorney
Social Security or Medicare cards
Local Social Security office
1-800-772-1213 or TDD/TTY 1-800-325-0778
Income tax record
The IRS center where filed, your accountant or 1-800-829-1040
Credit cards
The issuing companies as soon as possible
Citizenship papers
Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
Contact issuing financial institution
Mortgage Papers
Lending institution
lda logo white

Links with this symbol are password protected for LDA members only.
lda logo white

5637 Bankers Ave.
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
(225) 926-1986  |  (800) 388-6642
(225) 926-1886  Fax

Links with this symbol are password protected for LDA members only.
5637 Bankers Ave.
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
(225) 926-1986  |  (800) 388-6642
 Fax (225) 926-1886