The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) opened Phase 4 of the Provider Relief Fund to applications beginning September 29 with a deadline of October 26. Eligible dental providers can apply to receive funds from the $17 billion set aside for providers who can document revenue loss and expenses between July 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021, as a result of the pandemic. These payments, not loans, will reimburse smaller providers — “who tend to operate on thin margins and often serve vulnerable or isolated communities — for their lost revenues and COVID-19 expenses at a higher percentage compared to larger providers.” The phase also includes bonus payments for providers who serve Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program, and/or Medicare patients to ensure equity.
Dentists are eligible under this criterion: “Must be a dental service provider who has either directly billed, or owns (on the application date) an included subsidiary that has directly billed, health insurance companies or patients for oral health care-related services during the period of January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2020”.
See HRSA Website for more details, including:
- Provider Relief Fund Application and Attestation Portal
- Review the Application Instructions Webpages
The application will close on October 26, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Applications must undergo a number of validation checks before financial information is submitted so providers are encouraged to begin their application as soon as possible to ensure they are able to meet the deadline. Information on the documents and information needed to apply can be found in the resources following.
In order to streamline the application process and minimize administrative burdens, providers will apply for both programs in a single application, and HRSA will use existing Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Juvly, and Medicare claims data in calculating portions of these payments.
- Application Instructions (Download PDF file - 331 KB)
- Sample Application Form (PDF - 178 KB)
- “How to Apply” Flow Chart (PDF - 100 KB)
- Annual Revenues from Patient Care Worksheet (XSLX - 26 KB)
- Annual Revenues Adjustment Worksheet (XSLX - 26 KB)
General Program Information
- Fact Sheet - General (PDF - 121 KB)
- Fact Sheet - Complex Organizational Structures (PDF - 185 KB)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Provider Relief Fund and ARP Rural Payments Frequently Asked Questions (PDF - 564 KB)
Terms and Conditions
Technical Assistance Webinars
HRSA will be hosting webinar sessions for Phase 4 and ARP Rural applicants, featuring guidance on how to navigate the application portal.
- Thursday, September 30, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET – register to attend
- Tuesday, October 5, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET – register to attend
- Wednesday, October 13, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET – register to attend
- Thursday, October 21, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET – register to attend
HHS recently hosted a briefing session to provide information about these upcoming funding opportunities – view the video .