A mentor is a practicing dentist who is a member of organized dentistry and willing to
be an additional resource to the dentist of tomorrow.
A mentor can be:
- A wise and trusted friend.
- A good listener, someone who cares.
- Someone who helps another develop his or her vision and work to their fullest potential.
- A resource for information.
Responsibilities of a mentor:
- Initiate the first contact and then communicate frequently.
- Express your expectations for the relationship and define what you hope to gain from and offer to the relationship.
- Provide an opportunity for the mentee to observe the operation of a dental office.
- Invite your mentee to participate in professional activities with you, such as component meetings, continuing education seminars, and meetings with dental suppliers.
- Complete and submit feedback form to the LDA