Speaker: Dr. Pedro Cuartas
Title: The Ever-Growing Field of Dental Sleep Medicine: An Overview
Course Description: The course will focus on the negative impact of Sleep Disordered Breathing on health and quality of life and our role as dental professionals in screening for Sleep Disorder Breathing. We will address how to communicate health risks of untreated Sleep Disordered Breathing to patients, who to refer to, and learn about Sleep Testing 101... physician diagnosis. We will have a brief overview of all contemporary treatment options and the dentist's role in that process.
1. Attain an understanding of Sleep Disordered Breathing and its negative effect on Health and Quality of Life
2. Identify Signs and Symptoms of Sleep Disordered Breathing on dental patients
3. Gain a basic understanding of Home Sleep Testing, who is ordering it, and how to diagnose
4. Learn to discuss confidently all current treatment options available with patients for Sleep Disordered Breathing
5. Understand the role dental professionals have in treating and following up with Dental Sleep Medicine Patients.