The ADA works to secure policy changes and legislation improvements that benefit dentists and patients. Last year, some important legislation passed thanks to the ADA’s efforts.
In 2022, the ADA helped to ensure that:
- Military access to healthcare will improve through the 2023 National Defense Authorization Act.
- Medicaid recipients will continue to have dental care for 60 days postpartum.
- Dentists can now administer the Monkeypox (now known as mpox) vaccine.
- There will be an increase in funding for oral health training with designated funding for pediatric and general dentistry.
- Underserved communities will have more access to health care through the MOBILE Health Care Act.
If you’d like to know more, read through the complete list of ADA Lobbying Accomplishments here.