Dental care is important to your child's health & happiness!
Regular dental exams and cleanings are essential to maintaining your child's health. Tooth decay is the most common chronic disease of childhood, and it is preventable! It is strongly encouraged that ALL parents bring their child to the dentist for regular preventive care.
There are options for dental care at no cost or reduced cost for qualifying children. DentaQuest and MCNA Dental are the state’s managed care organizations for dental Medicaid. Remember, without regular dental care, your child's mouth could become unhealthy. Don't gamble with your child's oral health, give him or her the same high-quality care other kids get!
MCNA vs. DentaQuest dental plan comparison chart: https://myplan.healthy.la.gov/sites/default/files/vocabulary/program/LAEB_DentalCompChart_2020_ENG_WEB_101420.pdf
DentaQuest provides outcomes-based, cost-effective dental solutions for Medicaid and LaCHIP recipients. Visit https://dentaquest.com/state-plans/regions/louisiana/ or call 1-800-685-0143 for more information.
- DentaQuest benefits: https://dentaquest.com/state-plans/regions/louisiana/member-page/
- Find a dentist near you: https://dentaquest.healthsparq.com/healthsparq/public/#/one/city=&state=&postalCode=&country=&insurerCode=DENTAQUEST_I&brandCode=DENTAQUEST
- Documents and additional resources: https://dentaquest.com/getattachment/State-Plans/Regions/Louisiana/Member-Page/DQ1833-la-member-handbook-en.pdf/?lang=en-US
MCNA Dental has a network of general and specialty dentists throughout Louisiana to make sure you can get the dental care you need. Learn more by visiting www.mcnala.net or calling 1-855-702-6262.
- More about the Louisiana program: https://www.mcnala.net/en/about-program
- Frequently asked questions: https://www.mcnala.net/en/members-faq
- Find a dentist near you: https://www.mcnala.net/en/find-dentist
- Documents and additional resources: https://www.mcnala.net/en/members-docs
If you are unsure if your child is Medicaid-eligible and would qualify for these dental services, visit the Louisiana Medicaid Web site at www.medicaid.dhh.louisiana.gov or call 1-888-342-6207. Adult denture information can be found at http://new.dhh.louisiana.gov/index.cfm/page/324.